"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." Lao Tzu

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Well...what adventure next?

In a couple of weeks I'll be heading to Belize and Guatemala with 18 students. Getting to this point has been a challenge. The kids are getting excited as the day draws closer. Me? I'll get excited once I'm on the plane heading there. I have a lot to do yet but at least I'm already packed. Living in New England, I don't have to worry about wearing shorts until the end of May so it was easy to pack up the warm weather clothes, my diving stuff, and other tropical type items. I'm hoping the kids have a great experience and that for the chaperons heading with us (Doc and I) will also enjoy the trip. I really hope to be a light to those we encounter. I hope that the student's eyes will be opened to the beauty that surrounds them and come away appreciating how good they have it here in the US. It will be interesting to read their journals once we get back.
I know I won't be able to keep a day-to-day blog of the trip because I'm choosing to travel light. I'll blog about the trip and experience when I get back. I enjoy looking forward to these types of trips because I can leave the cell phone, the ipod, and the computer behind and just experience nature with no distractions. Since it will be awhile before I post on Belize/Guatemala 2009, I figured I would go back a couple years and post about a trip I took to Hawaii/New Zealand in 2007. Basically I spent a month away from work with 2 professors, 18 college students, and our friends, the E's. I definitely have a lot of pictures to choose from. My husband was in charge of getting me killer shots for my classes. I think the final count was around 1000 photos in Hawaii and close to 2000 photos in New Zealand. So enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment